Read through excerpts of a book called Reinventing Government by Osborne and Gaebler. The following points are worth reviewing and thinking about in the government as well as in private sector.
- What gets measured gets done.
- If you don’t measure results, you can’t tell success from failure.
- If you can’t see success, you can’t learn from it.
- If you can’t recognize failure, you can’t correct it.
- If you can’t see success, you can’t reward it.
- If you can’t reward success, you are probably rewarding failure.
- If you can demonstrate results, you can win public support.